Check out our current job listings. Please contact our Human Resources Manager Jaffee Donaldson with questions or to apply.
Interested candidates can email their resumes to Jaffee Donaldson: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is scheduled Sunday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Downtown Pittsburgh.
Are you an experienced maintenance technician looking for full -time employment? We offer competitive benefits, 401k, paid parking and PTO.
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the property. This position works to prepare recently vacated apartments for market readiness and availability to rent to another resident. The Technician may also respond to service work orders, grounds keeping, and less technical tasks or to assist the Lead Service Technician in the performance of his/her duties.
Essential Functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receives “make ready” assignment; gathers all necessary tools, equipment, and supplies needed to make an apartment unit available to rent.
- Checks air conditioning unit, heating unit, water heater, and all appliances; make minor repairs if needed; contacts Lead Maintenance Technician for more extensive repairs or replacements.
- Checks lighting and plumbing fixtures; makes minor repairs and replacements as needed.
- Checks all doors and windows and re-keys all locks.
- Responds to service calls to make less technical repairs or replacements; assists Lead Service Technician as needed.
- Performs grounds keeping duties as needed, including pressure washing and cleaning.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Ability to understand basic instructions and follow a checklist of tasks
- Skill in using basic hand tools
- Ability to perform basic work in electrical, plumbing and HVAC
- Knowledge of safety procedures
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform physical labor and to lift heavy weights regularly
Education and Experience
High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent six months relevant experience.
Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Occasional weekend work.
Physical/Mental Characteristics of the position and environmental factors of the workplace:
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 80 pounds. Regularly required to talk and hear.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Downtown Pittsburgh, PA