Check out our current job listings. Please contact our Human Resources Manager Jaffee Donaldson with questions or to apply.
Staff Accountant – Real Estate Background
Interested candidates can email their resumes, cover letters, and other materials to Jaffee Donaldson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you an experienced accountant in the residential brokerage field and/or residential land development looking for full-time employment?
If you said yes, we want to hear from you! We offer competitive benefits, 401k, paid parking, paid holidays and PTO.
This position requires some commuting between locations, including the Washington, PA and Pittsburgh, PA corporate offices.
The Staff Accountant is responsible to accurately record, analyze and maintain the assigned real estate accounting transactions related to the realty division, residential land developments and their respective HOA’s. In all cases must be able to verify that the firm’s internal controls related to accounting and cash management policies and standards are followed.
Essential Functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a liaison between the departments, and third parties (i.e. partners, agents, banking institutions, franchiser) to initiate and facilitate, accurate and timely recordkeeping and auditing of all accounting-related transactions.
- Keep up to date of all historical and projected transactions by participating in meetings to ensure that all transactions are reviewed.
- On a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis oversee and perform a detailed review of company-level accounting transactions and reports (i.e. financial statements, annual audits, general ledger, property income reports, market value, cash inflow/outflow report, etc.) for assets. When necessary, work closely with Accounting Manager/Chief Financial Officer to resolve issues and support the auditing process.
- Proactively set-up development assets budget tracking and facilitate the review, verification, and processing of construction draws and associated reports per contract requirements.
- Initiate ongoing communications with Department Managers to ensure all transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Verify cash flow distributions are made timely and prepared in accordance with loan documents and other agreements.
- Respond to audit confirmations.
- Review invoices for accuracy prior to payment.
- Communicate any discrepancies and respond to inquiries.
- Input payables and receivables.
- Tie supporting schedules.
- Contract administration.
- Setup ongoing wires and/or ACH’s online banking.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of two years’ experience
- Self-motivated individual with high degree of responsibility including confidentiality
- Attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to understand real estate legal documents
Experience in residential brokerage field and/or residential land development is strongly preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s